Rainbow

Rainbow

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Why can't I just be me?

I crushed on guys in high school. That does not make me straight.

I have had girlfriends for the past year and a half. That does not make me gay.

I am whoever I want to be. You have to take my word on the fact that I know myself and my desires better than you. I do not question yours. Please do not question mine.

Yes, I act like a bro a lot of the time. Yes, I wear dresses and want to have babies. These are are not in conflict with each other, they are just who I am. I am a woman, and happy to proclaim it. I am also happy to disprove some female stereotypes, as well as act in accordance with some.

This does not make me any one thing. This makes me me. That is it.

I find gender non-conformity beautiful, now I can only hope that someone will find mine just as beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment