Rainbow

Rainbow

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Back on the dating frontier

Following the end of my last relationship, at first I was at a loss. I had it in my mind that this girl could be the one I would spend the rest of my life with, or at least I would have more time to figure it out. Unfortunately those are not choices I can make, so now I have to figure out how to be single and where to go from here.

I want to keep busy and distract myself a bit, and dating seems like one way to do that. Pass the time, and work on moving forward. Unfortunately waiting for "the one" to come by, especially in the queer world, seems like a slow process. So I am working the world of technology and using Okcupid and Tinder. We will see how this goes. i have used one before and had some success. Usually my strategy is to send out dozens of messages, strike up conversations and if they seem even at all decent I go out to coffee with them. That way I get out there, and can see in person if I have any chemistry with these people. Most I don't, and I spend a couple awkward hours with them and move on. Part of trying to be open about this process, is trying things out with people of all genders, including male, which it has been I while since I have dated a straight guy.

I went on my first date during this process last night. To put it simply, it was enlightening. The date was with a guy. We chatted, drank and baked banana bread. It was a fun night and it felt like we hit it off. Unfortunately, as soon as shirts came off, I realized I was not attracted to him at all. I am not going to take this as conclusive evidence that I am not into guys at all, but I am becoming more and more confident on that idea. My best friend, gay-boy Chris said "I can't believe you tried to be straight." I wouldn't say that I was trying to be straight, but I guess I a searching to be absolutely confident that that is not the case, as I had believed for most of my life.

With one unsuccessful date under my belt, I am ready to move forward. On that note, I have a date with a gorgeous woman, also a nurse, this friday. Cross your fingers for me.

I will keep updating as I go along, and share any good stories, both success and failure. I hope you enjoy reading about my often-to-dramatic dating life, and that yours is going more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment