Rainbow

Rainbow

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Living Sex Positive

To me sex positive means that I embrace and not afraid to talk about all aspects of my sexuality. Of course, within the bounds of situations where it is appropriate, I love talking about bodies and sex. It took me a while to become used to that idea. I grew up in a house where sex was not talked about in any circumstance. I received a book, instead of receiving "the talk". When I finally realized that sex was not something to inherently shy-away from, I embraced my own exuberance and self-image. I love who I am now, love feeling free and talking about sex, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

In my life sex-positivty manifests itself as:

  • Nude beaches are my jam. Being the only woman on the beach, even better.
  • Everyone knows I have a dildo named Just-in Beaver
  • When I by a new vagina trimmer that I am excited about, all my friends hear about it. I love being able to talk freely about the frustrations and techniques involved in female body hair. We all deal with it, why not get some advice and some laughs out of it.
  • My best friend and I will get down on the floor and demonstrate our favorite sex positions on each other.
  • I try to make all my compliments individual and honest.
  • It has become a tradition of sorts that a nearly every party I throw, someone will request to see my dildo and harness, so I will strap on and do a little show for everyone.
  • I am not afraid to look like an idiot on the dance floor.
  • I feel good showing a lot of cleavage....so that is what i do.
  • I encourage my friends to talk about their bodies and sex lives to their comfort level, and often get a response of "wow, I never feel this comfortable talking about this kind of thing"

Read about how one mom interprets sex-positivity for her daughter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lea-grover/this-is-what-sex-positive-parenting-really-looks-like_b_5516707.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

No comments:

Post a Comment